Monday, December 12, 2011

Blog 5: Professional Development Plan


Professional Development Plan
University of Wisconsin-Stout
2011-2012

Name: Katherine Elizabeth Herting                
                                                                                   
Goals:
  • Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science with a concentration in Biotechnology and a minor in Chemistry.
  • Continue my education, by moving forward into the Graduate Program and receiving my master’s in biology.
  • Finding an occupation where I am able to live comfortably and happily.
  • Eventually going on to med school or vet school… hopefully
  • Travel and do volunteer work in undeveloped countries, mostly medical help, whether it is for humans or animals.
  • Attend conventions that deal with what I am passionate about or interested in.
Career Issues:
  • Liking/Loving my job
  • Making enough money
  • Job security
  • Having a job that I can learn new things every day and not have the same routine day in and day out. 
 Things to consider that are important to me:
  • Family
  • Location
  • Status
  • Life style
  • Income
  • Stability
Where I want to be in 5 years:
  • Graduated with a Masters in Biology
  • Holding a steady part-time job that actually relates to my career goals.
  • Applying for positions in a laboratory career.

No comments:

Post a Comment